Shushi History Museum
Date of construction:
The History Museum of Shushi was opened in 1991 and is located in the private house of Lieutenant Colonel Esai Garamyants (Gramov).
The museum’s collection (numbering about 5,000 items) is rich in ethnographic information and the products of local craftsmen.
Items of the 19th century represent the life of the inhabitants of the largest cultural center of the South Caucasus. A collection of photographs and reproductions, placed on the walls of the halls, allows one to feel the cultural life of the city of that era. Many of the collected antiquities cover almost the entire Armenian quarter, set on fire by the Turkish-Tatar regular and irregular troops on March 22-23, 1920.
A separate pavilion was allocated for the presentation of the military operation to liberate Shushi on May 8-9, 1992. A layout of the military operation “Wedding in the Mountains” was placed here, accompanying the plot of the battles with light effects.